Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Yakin yakin about a ride/get together on the other thread...figured we could get a picture of who is going to try this one on.
Poker run on Sat...
Race on Sunday.

I will be there, with 3 kids in the running as well....taking leave from work to do it!..
WOOOOO HOOOOOO :confused:

HR
:cool:
Here is the flyer....big Jpeg file...

100bw.jpg

Last edited:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Sorry, I'll be in the great DC:mad:

It sounds like it would be a blast. I would actually like to do the poker run.:aj:

Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
I'm gonna try racing in the junior harescramble. I've never raced before so I know I'm up to a challenge. I'm going to try to be there Saturday for the poker run but I don't know if that is possible, I might get caught working. It's going to be fun! Hope to see you there!

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
Vantage 100

I will be there again this year. Rode this event last year for the first time in 20+ years. I hadn't ridden enough before hand so I was really tired.

At the pits after the second lap my hand cramped so bad after gassing up I had to wait a few minutes so I could grab the bars again. I had some cramping in my legs also. I had to stop a couple of times on the last lap to rest. It whipped me bad but I finished.

So I hope to do better this year.

Ken

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I was planning on it, but it looks like I'll be breaking in my new bike that weekend and I'm not so sure if a 100 mile desert race is the best way to do that..

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Break in?

If you do the poker run, if the initial run is done, might be perfect. Depends on what the manul says. There will be a 50 mile and an 80 mile Iron-Man poker run. No race, just distance and time on the motor.

HR

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I'll be there. Blue chev with a utility trailer and 2 big old XRs. We'll do the ironman 80 miler on Saturday. The plan is to leave Buckley at about 4:00 AM Saturday morning, and spend the night after the race. More riding in Vantage, go to the dunes, or limp home the next day. I wish I could get off work on Friday but things are busy getting ready for the construction season.

I was at the poker run at Capitol Forest this weekend. Did anybody else go? Nice gooey red clay was everywhere.

axo959

Apr 4, 2002
I'll be there for the Poker run weather permitting. My dad and I have done this once before. Though he's done the poker run a half-dozen times or so.

This time we are bringing *hopefully* about 6 people who have recently bought bikes. So it should be a great ride for them and a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun the last time I did it, cant wait.

Last time I was stressing making a loop on my RM 125 w/ the stock gas tank. I dont think I'll have to worry as much with my new scoot, a YZ250F.

:)
572 Chris Nelson

ps - I agree w/a previous post, the poker run would be a great way to break in a bike. *Latta load, varied rpm's* (You may want to do 2-3 heat cycles at home prior if you can though)

Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
I'm doing the 50+ mile race on Sunday. I rode down there last Sunday and liked it so far. One thing that I am concerned about is if I will have enough gas to make it 50 miles. Does anybody on here know if you get 2 laps in the 50 mile race? The 100 mile race is 3 laps so the 50 mile has to have at least 2 right? I can always fuel up beginning each lap so that's not a problem I just need to make sure there is more than one lap to race! Thanks for the info guys!

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Its about that time....so.....

Alrighty....
getting down to the final count here....

For those that can make it, Ras, Hondarippin, highbeam, Kneese, axo959, fishhead (LOL :D) myself, and others, will be at vantage this weekend, some friday and Sat, Sunday etc. oh and Cam, you need to do it, good break in and let us drool on the new ride!...come on!!!!

I have a bright orange visual signal marker panel bout 18" x 4'..that I will hang up high to catch the wind some how. If its up in the air on the RV you wont miss it (A-10s dont on their runs when place them on our Humvee's) so if you want stop by, we are going to try to get a Dirt-Rider.net photograph and post it!...

I will be there friday night, and all day on Saturday...so for those that can, see you there!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HR

Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
Aww, I guess I'll miss ya Hawaii. I'm gonna show up on Sunday just for the race. Dang. Well, maybe we can get a pic of some of the other guys that are gonna be there on Sunday or something. Later!

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
It is supposed to be partly cloudy and 68 this weekend. 50 degree low tonight. medium wind. I'm getting pretty anxious to go. Fresh air filter and oil, clean bike with a tank full of gas. Did I say I'm getting anxious?

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
anxious?

well....bikes washed, stuff ready to throw in the RV, food bought, gear packed
at work now...
...its only 9 am....
answer emails, work work issues issues....email...great day is flying! ! !

its....
ONLY 905 am...

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
can this day go ANY SLOWER??????????
:eek: :eek:
nah...have no idea what you are talking about...none what so ever.
I aint anxious....

HR

Top Bottom