Why didn't I get this bike sooner??

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Finally got the KDX out last night on some trails. Man why have I been riding my pig all these years. To give you guys some history I just sold my XR650L a week ago and bought a KDX220R for a woods replacement. Absolutely no comparison. That two stroke will climb up a mountain. I raced my friend in front of his house on a DRZ400 and beat him too. Man this little thing is incredible. What a blast! Just thought I'd chime in, sorry about all the ranting and raving. :yikes:

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
I know what you mean. Sold my xr400 to my friend and bought a 220. We went riding together the other day, at the end of the ride we had a little drag race. All I have to say is that I was laughing like a little kid at the finish line. :laugh:

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Hey! Me too!
Sold my 91 DR650 fat pig dual sport and bought an 04 KDX220R and LOVE it!

Wish I had of thrown away the dual sport a long time ago.

Phil

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I Guess I know what you mean.

I had an '83 XL500 (back in '85) It was a great bike, but really just a comprimise offroad or on the highway.

Glad you're pumped ;)

Chief

Deputy25

Jul 27, 2004
My brother rides a DR 650 ('03 model), but prefers my old KDX 250 (91) when we go out riding in the woods. He is considering selling his DR and buying an 04 KDX 220.

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
I'm lucky and have both a XR650L and a KDX200. I never take the 650 on the trails by the house but it has it's place commuting, fireroads, everywhere I need a plate.

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Yup, I just sold the XR650L and bought a 91XR250L for a comuter and the KDX for a fun bike. Now I can get 71mpg with the 250 and more fun than a barrel of monkeys with the KDX. I will try to get the KDX street licensed but the 250 is far more capable "off road" than the 650 so I'm still in good shape. I had a DR 650 before the XR650 and the XR was better in the dirt. I thought that was good until I rode a KDX. Boy was I ignorant. Took the KDX out again yesterday for about 6 hours. Boy am I sore and tired but would gladly do it again today.

jirvine

Oct 21, 2001
Today I had both my KDX and the 650L on the same trails. Out playing hard on the KDX and found a truck with a flat but no functioning jack. Being as I live close by, and didn't want this family to be disposed of by the turkey vultures, I went home for my jack. Strapped the 20+# of jack on the XR's rear rack and took off through the sand, arroyo's and gravel roads. It did the job but sure is more of a handful and a lot harder to throw around, duh!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…