DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
oldguy said:
I think that dad had more money then brains. His kid needs track time and practice more then the engine mods. I see kids running $3000 suspensions and who knows how much $$$ engine mods to run mid pack.

I agree 100%. Track time can make a huge difference, so does just getting to ride, even if not on a track. Our bikes are pretty much stock - mods consist of durability (skidplates, rad guards) and comfort (bars, grips). Engines and suspenders are stock - the limiting factor for us IS us right now, not the bike.

We also take good care of our bikes and keep up on the maintenance, which pays dividends in the long run IMO. I've seen kids doing very well, only to have to get off the track due to a mechanical issue caused by bolts that fell out (they never check them aparrently)!

We are no experts on our bikes, but we are learning, and do everything ourselves. This year we will be doing top ends on the bikes - valves on the 250F, and piston/rings on my CR. We plan to do this ourselves - we have the tools, the manuals, and I've been wrenching on diesels for almost 20 years, so we'll be ok I think. We will have to send the head out for the valve job most likely, unless I buy a complete head already done up w/KW valves, which I just might do so we can have a spare head.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I personally think it will be interesting to see if the 250T's will take over in the amature racing again in the "250" class. Its really a no-brainer. A 250T is a stronger runner than a 250F and its less expensive to maintain. I know I'm just a "Joe-nobody", and I don't even race anymore. But, if I did race I'd sell my 250F in a heart beat if I was allowed to race a 250T in the same class and I think alot of people will see this logic too.

steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
I personally think it will be interesting to see if the 250T's will take over in the amature racing again in the "250" class. Its really a no-brainer. A 250T is a stronger runner than a 250F and its less expensive to maintain. I know I'm just a "Joe-nobody", and I don't even race anymore. But, if I did race I'd sell my 250F in a heart beat if I was allowed to race a 250T in the same class and I think alot of people will see this logic too.

couldnt agree more. also if that creates more demand for 250t's then maybe manufactures will invest more time and money back into them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom