Why should I set my suspension up for me?

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
Does it make that big a difference? Im have stock suspension on a CR125.. i weigh 115lbs and ride novice classes. What is the point of setting up suspension for individual people? isnt stock suspension good enough?
id like some feedback please.

gbs1

Dec 2, 2002
If you want the bike to handle and not be to harsh you should at least change the springs for your weight if you do nothing else. Springs not only hold up the bike but work with the valving. The springs on your CR125 are to stiff for your weight. You may be able to jump ok but it will affect your turning and your overall ride. change the springs set your clickers and ride on.

Mephisto

Jul 1, 2002
I ride a kx 250 00' and am only around 140 lbs....bought the bike used ...plenty of aftermarket parts...pro springs or somthing. Clickers are all the way soft but front is still too soft. As soon as i get a job i plan on changing to softer ones. But im ganna learn on the harsh springs...then when i get softer springs for my weight it might make it easier/ make me faster :D . Then i wont have to fight with the bike as much.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
money spent on suspension, is some of the best money you will spend on your bike.

I am on the other end of the spectrum 6'3" 320 and was basically riding a permanant wheelie with the stock springs.
At the very least, the proper springs are in order; with some time spent adjusting sag, and clickers.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom