James51381

Mar 17, 2002
went for my first ride this weekend with all of the stuff on and jetting with what "justkdx" said, and one step leaner on the pilot and the clip on the needle all the way up, and i almost flew of the back of the seat with no arms
:) i love this bike. thanks a lot guys. i adjusted the airscrew also, that cleared some of her stuffiness also. top end goes on next season. its a great feeling when you can bring up the front end almost anytime you want. i still need to go one more main jet leaner and one more needle leaner. does anyone have a part number for the needle?
thanks everyone.
james

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Glad to hear that we steered you in the right direction!

The justkdx website has the low-down on the needle. Remember, before you go too lean, make sure to check your plug. If the jetting gets too lean you will put a hole in your piston....or worse. If the bike feels snappy with no "baawaa", the jetting is OK.

David M

Nov 28, 2002
Mike,
My girlfriend just bought a '98 220 and she is around 125lbs. What type of rear spring did you get, and what was the approximate cost? We also shaved the seat foam. We also put on a lower profile tire - that made a big difference.

If you don't know about it, here is a link to a company that's makes lowing links for the KDX:
http://www.koubalink.com/kdxinstall.html
We haven't decided if we need to do this, but from talking to the company, we found out that for a 125lb person, link #1 or #2 are the two to choose from.-david
-david

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
There are those that say you can't make accurate jetting assesmnets by plug color at any thing other than WOT.
I like to start with main jet by color and then needle by "feel"

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'd agree with that statement. However, If I've been riding "on the needle" for some time and upon removing the plug notice that it is wet I will usually move the clip up.

Top Bottom