why the difference between KBB and NADA

I'mClueless

Apr 23, 2003
Hey there...I don't post often but I do "lurk" a lot. I'm in the process of upgrading and converting our family stable of dirtbikes from two strokes to four strokes. I am also taking the opportunity of getting bigger bikes for my kids. My question....I'm selling a 01 PW80. KBB has it valued at $765, NADA has it's average price at $375. What is up with that?
thanks

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Well KBB is the price some sucker might pay for it,
and NADA is the price its worth.

haha no, just kidding.

I had one of those a while back, it was a piece of junk.
Nothing but problems. :bang:

KBB gives you two prices: a trade in value price, and a retail value price.
KBBs trade in value is at $425
Retail is at $725

While NADA gives you the price, $325, and then underneath it says "suggested list: $1,349"

(keep in mind, prices are a little different probable because of different locations)

SO the smaller KBB price would be what you would expect to get if you were trading in for a new bike, while the higher would be what you would pay for it used, if you were buying from a dealership, not a private owner.

But remember, the condition of the bike plays a HUGE role in determining the price. So the price of an 01 PW 80 could range from $200 to $800.

What my dad always says, you can always go down, but you cant ask for more.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Use the one that paints the best picture, be ye on the buy or sell side of the story.

You could state: "Asking blue book price" This allows you to have lots of wiggle room, and also appears as if you are only wanting a fair deal.

Just don't try that with Mully!!! :ohmy:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…