cruzin925

Feb 8, 2003
Heys guys,
i've just recently stripped my bike down to power coat the frame, do bearings ect ect. I have it all back together but the fuel hose that goes from the tank to carby dosnt reach anymore, I've checked everything and just cant nut it out :think: .There isnt much that could have moved, tanks in the same spot, the only thing that might be a little differant is the position of the engine, but the hose is about 10-15mm short. Any ideas??? oh yea its a 99 yz 400 if that helps at all..

mobrown

Jan 26, 2004
Is weird

That is pretty odd indeed. Only thing I can think of is maybe the powder coating is interfering with the tank and you have to push it down harder??? How is the tank attached to the frame? There must be some kind of lug right? Are there two?
Can you have them upside down or reversed?

Just food for thought because I know you don't just want to get a longer hose but would rather find the problem.

Good luck.

B

biglou

Hmmm, strange indeed. I've built a couple of these bikes, and there's really no way to get things installed that far out of wack! There are the three holes in the frame spine for the head stays, and the tank bolts up with one bolt per side into bosses in the frame. You do know that the fuel inlet on the carb rotates, right?

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
If you took the reed cage off, Maybe put it back on 108 degrees out, most are 'angled' and this might lower the carb in relation to where it should be?...just a thought?

Top Bottom