Will '03 Cr 250 pipe fit on '02

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
I have no clue if it will fit, but I have the stock pipe from my 03, never used that you can try out, just pay shipping to/from and if it fits and you are looking at stock send me $25 and it is yours.
Stan

B

biglou

I say this everytime, but go to rocky mtn mc "dot" com, and look up the same pipe for both bikes and see if their catalog number is the same. If it is, there ya go!

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
CRguyStan said:
I have no clue if it will fit, but I have the stock pipe from my 03, never used that you can try out, just pay shipping to/from and if it fits and you are looking at stock send me $25 and it is yours.
Stan

I'll take the pipe....if you still have it.

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
Faded said:
It will fit, I've done it. :cool:

Thanks for the reply Faded, I know the part #'s for most of the CR's are different but there are always ways to make things work. What if anything did you have to do to make it fit?

Thx

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
CRguyStan said:
Stan

Thx Stan I'll let you know one way or the other, if I don't want it looks like another member might.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
blackjack said:
What if anything did you have to do to make it fit?
First I had to remove the old pipe...but that should be a given! ;) There is nothing special, it bolts up just fine.

CR-009m.JPG

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
Faded said:
First I had to remove the old pipe...but that should be a given! ;) There is nothing special, it bolts up just fine.

CR-009m.JPG

So mounting points are the same then I take it, I have been told that they are different.

Again thx for the help man.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
blackjack said:
So mounting points are the same then I take it, I have been told that they are different.
I noticed no difference, the pic says it all as that is an '03 pipe on my '02; it fit perfectly.

MX Junkie

Jan 3, 2006
Faded said:
I noticed no difference, the pic says it all as that is an '03 pipe on my '02; it fit perfectly.

How about the other way around (02 on an 03) ? I was told the OEM spigget is to short.

Last edited:

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
MX Junkie said:
Did you have to change the spigget? I was told that the OEM one is to short. :think:
No, I used the pipe with the stock 2002 exhaust manifold and with another 2002 manifold that I modified to be 1/4" longer. With the 1/4" longer manifold the bottom pipe/frame mount was a little tight and the pipe springs took a little more effort but neither are things that would stop the earth from rotating. With the stock (length) manifold there were no issues.

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
MX Junkie said:
How about the other way around (02 on an 03) ? I was told the OEM spigget is to short.

Hey MX junkie I see you hail from Southwestern Ont., where are you located, I live in Tillsonburg about 45 min east of London.

MX Junkie

Jan 3, 2006
blackjack said:
Hey MX junkie I see you hail from Southwestern Ont., where are you located, I live in Tillsonburg about 45 min east of London.

My favorite card game!!
Dude, I'm currently living in Burlington down from northern ontario. So what's your ride 'n' do you race?
:cool:

Check out the Ontario forum.

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
MX Junkie said:
My favorite card game!!
Dude, I'm currently living in Burlington down from northern ontario. So what's your ride 'n' do you race?
:cool:

Check out the Ontario forum.

Hey there, welcome to the sunny south. I used to race hare scrambles and enduros on an RM 250, now it's just play riding on my CR250, we've got some very challenging woods about 1/2 hour from me down by the lake.

If you want to tear it up give me a call (519) 842-3458.

Later

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Not at all. They used a bunch of 2002 CR250s as donor bikes for CR500AF conversions. They sell the engines to kart guys and then have a bunch of pipes left over.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
OEM, it's not hard to believe. They make a couple hundred CR500AF's every year and have to sell off the parts that they took from the CR250 for what ever they can get. Call them and ask for Gregg. :p

If I recall they made a change of 5mm in the head pipe to try and improve bottom end power from 02 to 03 but the mounts are the same. :aj:

Good luck. By the way Service Honda has complete CR250 motors for sale too. :nod:

blackjack

Aug 11, 2002
If I recall they made a change of 5mm in the head pipe to try and improve bottom end power from 02 to 03 but the mounts are the same. :aj:

Thanks Red, with everyone's input we arrived at the answer. Btw an '04 pipe will also work as the '03 and '04 part #'s are the same.

Top Bottom