JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Is anybody still riding this late in the year? I'm going to race some of the mid south winter series harescrambles and I'm looking to get out and do some cold weather riding. Anybody up for it?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Where are you riding at, John?

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
I'm not real picky. I've never ridden Lynnville in the winter. I've heard they've been ticketing riders out in Daniel Boone at London,KY. There are a couple other places that come to mind. I have to get my swingarm back together and I'm missing a part so not this weekend. Maybe next? I'll ride anywhere withing 2 hours of Louisville.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by JohninKY
I'll ride anywhere withing 2 hours of Louisville.

If you can come about an hour farther, you're welcome to ride with us at Turkey Bay.  We're usually out there every Saturday unless it's below freezing.  I'll be in MO this weekend, but will probably ride the next weekend at TB.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
I was told lynnvile was fenced off back in the summer, both the lions club parking lot and the one farther north. I haven't been ther in a long time though. I want to go riding sometime in the next couple of weeks, but I've been working a lot to pay for school so i havn't had many open weekends. let us know whats going on. i'm only 10 min. from Louisville

Gates

Jan 18, 2001
JohninKY,

My bike (98 KDX200) is down right now with linkage, swingarm, engine, shock, fork, and shift shaft repair. It is needing some TLC. I live about 10 miles out of Canneyville about 2 hours from Louisville. I have a 10 mile HS loop on my farm. I use to ride the MSWS HS series (5th overall in 98-99 200c class) and my loop is good practice for it. If the KY chaper would like to schedule a ride late Jan early Feb let me know. The MTDR group has riden my place a few times and they loved it.

James

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Gates
I have a 10 mile HS loop on my farm. I use to ride the MSWS HS series (5th overall in 98-99 200c class) and my loop is good practice for it. If the KY chaper would like to schedule a ride late Jan early Feb let me know. The MTDR group has riden my place a few times and they loved it.

James

Isn't Morgantown near Greenville?  I'd be up for a little riding out on the farm.  Maybe we could get enough guys together to have a little mini HS or run some time trials on the loop?  The only stipulation is that Tim (Wheelie4strokeB) has to ride blind folded so it will be fair! ;)

Gates

Jan 18, 2001
If anyone is interested I would be up for a ride at my place on the 8th or 9th of February. I live just off hwy 79 right between morgantown and caneyville. The trail will be marked the last weekend of January by MTDR and is about 11 miles long. It is a great place to HS and my club has had a couple there. It is almost all woods. IF interested we should start a new thread for the ride.

James

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
That sounds awesome. The cold weather and snow this week has gotten me a little out of riding mode, but I'm up for Feb 8,9.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
It looks like I can make it on the 8th.  I may be able to bring a few guys with me, as well. :thumb:

Gates

Jan 18, 2001
We can have a ride on the 8th. Go to the MTDR web site and look at the calender for Jan.

www.mtdr.net/gates.htm

Look at the gates ranch ride it has a map. The trail will be marked like a Mid-South Race. We will have a riders meeting at 10:00 am. At the end of Hayward Embry Road is my house. Drive behind the metal building and park in the small field next to the road. If that time is bad let me know. Reply here if you are going to show up and how many people will be with you. If you need more info let me know here. I will check back. I will probably have a few people there too. We can do a mock HS or just time runs on the loop. We can decide that morning. Hope it is warmer than this weekend

James

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Gates
Hope it is warmer than this weekend 

Me too!

Thanks for letting us come ride on your land.  I think it's great that you are willing to do that.  There isn't very much private land that can be ridden on(or that is worth riding on) anymore.  I look forward to meeting you and some of the others in the Kentuckiana chapter that I haven't met yet.  :thumb:

I "might" be in your neck of the woods tomorrow.  I'm debating running the indoor MX at Greenville.  I can't decide, though.  I'm not a MX guy and I just put put on my W.E.R. suspension and haven't dialed it in yet.  But I NEED to ride.  It's been a month!  I'm having withdrawals. :(

Gates

Jan 18, 2001
Cal,
I have raced the Greenville indoor MX a few times. Got a 2nd in the enduro class, when they had one, on my KDX. and a 3rd in the 30+ last year on my WR250f (that I no loger have). I would go watch but I am going to my dad's for his B-Day tonight. I just put my bike back together and only have about 3 miles on it. I need to tweek the bars and suspension back in. Too cold this weekend though. I haven't ridden in about 6 months!!!!!!!!!

James

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hey James, if you want a bigger turn out, you might start a thread specifically announcing the ride on the 8th.  You could also post it in the Places to ride forum.  Just a suggestion.  Not sure if you want to open this up to alot of people or not.

Myself and my dad are planning on coming.  I'll try to round up a few more locals as well.  We've got a new beginner in our group.  He may want to come.  He needs some easier trails to learn on.  Turkey Bay isn't that great of a place for learners.(hard to build confindence there)

I'm looking forward to the ride.  I get a little tired of the rocks at Turkey Bay. 

Last edited:
Top Bottom