MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Hey Peeps,

Okay, I've had more time to think about "stuff" since my last thread about my head issues.

So, what should I do over the winter to get ready for next year? I'm getting together a workout program that includes playing basketball (nothing conditions you more than outrunning everyone on a fast break just to miss the layup :laugh: ) and lots of MX unleashed, but as far as the bike goes I can't do much riding during the winter in MD.

I figured I would ride my bike (pedal version) but other than that I won't be on 2 wheels till spring. :think: I would love to come back in March or April and at least feel halfway decent on the bike. Is there anything I can do to make sure that happens and I don't have to "start all over"?

Peace

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Oh yeah, I'm proud to announce my bike will no longer be stock as I am now the proud owner of some super fresh Pro Taper SE bars. My first upgrade ever!

All other weak and uncool stock parts remain. :|

LOL

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Winter is a great time to teardown the bike and grease all of the bearings and linkages. How many hours do you have on that 250F? It might be a good time to send out the engine (or just the head) to have the valve train replaced.

In addition to my year-round exercise routine, I ski during the winter. I find that skiing and riding requires many of the same reactions and judgments.

I to satisfy my moto needs, I follow SX. This season is looking to be the best in many years so if you’re not a fan, it would be a good time to start watching.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Winters a great time to make snow roost. Just cause its gets cold doesnt mean you have to stop riding. :)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I shovel snow, ski, shovel snow, snowmobile, shovel snow and drink beer after shoveling some more snow! :yeehaw:

Oh and some place in ther the kids are sure to want to go sledding...15 seconds per trip down and climb back up, do over again for 2-3 hours :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We'll be racing at the local indoor AX track :ride: (just happens to be like 10 miles away!). Hopefully, I can snowboard this year (wearing knee braces and helmet). I'll still keep doing my weight training.
I hope the landlord doesn't plow...just so I have an excuse to 4 wheel it out of/and into the driveway. ;)
In between work and racing, I'll have Phil take my bike apart and grease stuff. :laugh:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm with Gomer... come on down and ride with us!!!

If you can throw some gym work in then use your old handlebars to make a row attachment for yourself. It helps build your back and forearms as if you were riding.

Ivan
PS... I miss way too many layups. That is why I stay in tre-land and shoot the lights out ;)

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Winter is a great time to teardown the bike and grease all of the bearings and linkages. How many hours do you have on that 250F? It might be a good time to send out the engine (or just the head) to have the valve train replaced.

Yup, I’m having the shop give me a complete “end of season” tune up to take care of all that stuff.

Winters a great time to make snow roost. Just cause its gets cold doesnt mean you have to stop riding.

Uuummnnn…I grew up in FL and CA if it drops below 50 I go into stasis LOL….

PS... I miss way too many layups. That is why I stay in tre-land and shoot the lights out
Hahahahaha….So, YOU’RE THAT GUY!!

I'm inclined to try to keep riding so hopefully I'll probably be down to ride with you guys when my schedule is all worked out and I'm "healed up". I wonder how long the shop will have my bike :think:

I'm super excited about next year when I start racing (or at least going my normal speed just with numbers on my bike) and I want to be as ready as I can.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
CaNaDiAn said:
Sigh, we've had a foot of snow here for over a week now :( It came a month earlier last year.

Bummer

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I break my year up into 2 wheel and 2 plank season. Unfortunately I've been without a dirtbike for a while now, so I bought a good mountain bike and make vrooming noises in my head (and often audibly) whenever I walk around campus. In the winters I find that skiing is just as fun as riding, especially if you like being up in the snow. I also picked up snowboarding last season. If you've never been, I think its a lot easier to learn than skiing, but can be a bit harder on the tailbone at times. Plus, you can get over that California weakling, "I can't deal with frostbite" problem you have.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
I also picked up snowboarding last season. If you've never been, I think its a lot easier to learn than skiing, but can be a bit harder on the tailbone at times. Plus, you can get over that California weakling, "I can't deal with frostbite" problem you have.

LOL....yeah, when I first started sbnowboarding I thought I would never be able sit on butt again. I'm surprised I didn't break it.

Will do Ivan. This will be me at my first race---> :yikes:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
You're done riding until spring?? I'm sure you'll have your bike back before our 1st snowfall.
Keep in mind the racing season starts in like Feb I believe. Or are you just doing the spring and summer circuit ;)

Top Bottom