MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I see they have the 144 piston avil now for my year YZ woohoo. I wonder how this compares to Eric's? Neat they even have 139 kits for '04 up CR 125's.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
MXP1MP said:
I see they have the 144 piston avil now for my year YZ woohoo. I wonder how this compares to Eric's? Neat they even have 139 kits for '04 up CR 125's.

From what I remember, they're supposed to be heavier and more expensive than Eric's.

Don't quote me on that . . . Here's Eric from another post:

Eric Gorr said:
Regarding pistons, I've heard what the guy from MX314 says but its clear that he doesn't understand 2-stroke engines very well. He's right that Wiseco will have late model listings only but consider this, my 58mm piston fits 8 brands of 125s dating from 1988, thats like 70 model year bikes. the truth is, most 125s have pistons of similar dimensions. Coding each box with a different sticker and part number is called "marketing". Wiseco's YZ144 piston is closest in design to mine and will sway no problem. Max Power has a close copy too except theres has a window in the intake. I will continue to sell my 58mm pistons and gaskets through my web site on a Paypal type server. So my piston will always be available.

AND . . .

Eric Gorr said:
And now for 2006 Wiseco is coming out with a line of 58mm pistons to match each model whereas my piston is a universal that fits all 8 brands of 125s with modifications to the head and cylinder. The Wiseco products will match the same length, port, releifs, and crown configuration of the OEM pistons. That makes it easier for tuners to reconfigure and engine for a bigger bore. The new Wiseco line will probably feature special coatings too. I chose to keep my design for 2006 and the price down. Right now the other companies sell their 58mm pistons for between $125-$200.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom