tracy harman

Apr 23, 2002
i am intrested in finding out about the effect the lighter piston weight of the pro light piston has on the balancing of the engine. if the piston is lighter than stock this would throw crank out of balance. i called wiseco and asked there tech guys and they said it wont hurt to have a piston a few grams lighter. but i also think they will tell you anything to sell wiseco piston. i would think that this cant be good on bottom end. anybody have any thoughts on this.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
from what I have learned thru this site is you cannot balance a single cylinder engine all you can do is find a compromise between the recipricating weight<piston going up and down> and rotating <crank spinning> for the rpm you want to run.

I doubt highly you will notice the difference either by feeling the vibration x rpm or the vibration causing mechanical problems just from going stock to pro lite.

I didn't in my bike

falcon1

Mar 20, 2003
Speaking of pro lite pistons: does anybody know if they are a worthwhile improvement over the standard wiseco piston. I mean can you "feel" any difference? They are like twice as much as the standard ones.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm not sure the difference between the Weisco std piston but I notice that the ProLite revved faster and the OEM piston due to the weight.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom