Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Is anybody on here going to race the WML race in Texas over Thanksgiving? I think we are going to try it out instead of the Mini'os in Florida.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
We are going and my husband and the boys are going to try for the USA Team thingy. I was originally planning on riding the WML races but I don't have an AMA license. I don't ride any other AMA races during the year and the $40.00 membership on top of the $75.00 race entry fee sure makes for an expensive weekend. But then again, how many times will I have an opportunity to race on a National caliber track! I just don't want to look like a goon out there on a TTR.

I'll see when I get there.

Susan

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I will be there starting on wednesday for their practice. I'll be racing women's 125 novice and 125 open. I know of a lot of girls that are going to this race, should be a good turn out!

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
WML website says they have 130 enties so far. Sounds like fun. I'm planning on running 80cc open, schoolgirl, 100/125 intermediate, 250 intermediate, am open, and supermini in the boys class. Gonna be busy!

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Are you going to get a loan to cover the entry fees?!?!?! That will be $325 in entry fees plus the $40.00 gate fee...  :scream:

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Wow what a great track and a nice place to race. Cycleranch is deffinitely worth the drive. Had over 170 women entries and some great racing. My week started off bad, went to Texas ski ranch tues to practice and blew the bottom end in my practice bike so dad told me to ride the 250 while he rebuilt it, and the piston broke in the 250! No parts for the 250 so we parked it and went to the cycle ranch. Wed during practice I blew up my race bike and dad was pretty upset. I had to race the rest of the week on the practice bike which was a little short on power but I made do. Ended up 6th in 100/125int, 6th in 100 am open, 7th in schoolgirl and 6th in 80open on a borrowed RM85. Not too bad for a stock RM100 against 250fs and 125s, but could have used the extra power as deep as some of the corners were. Will definitely go back next year and race again.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I caught you during the schoolgirl race on Saturday. You were flying! I'll bet you would have been even faster on your regular race bike.

I finished 7th in the WML Over 30 class. My TTR125 was a little short on power also!!!

Next year I'll have a CRF250 so maybe I'll take 6th!

Congratulations, you did great!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
way to go susan and motogrl. we wanted to go but couldn't arrange it. we'll plan on being there next year. susan, how did you finish up in the kansas state championships? the most recent results on mxstates has you in second after three rounds. are you ready for the okla state series?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I did take second for the Kansas State Champ series. Even though we had several different women compete at the six different tracks, there were only two of us that attended all the races. Seems like out here the women only want to ride at their home track and don't like to try new tracks. I did take first in the Southwest Kansas series and was track champ at all three of our local tracks out here. Sounds impressive, but I was the only one that attended all the races and was usually the only one there. Kind of hard to lose if you are the only one in your class!!!!
I'm not sure if we will be attending too many OCS races. Steve has a really good chance at qualifying for Vegas for Arenacross this year. They have an Over 40 class this year. We may be traveling for those instead of any outdoor races. Has there been a schedule posted yet? I was thinking Anadarko is usually in January.
I am really anxious to get on a new bike. My TTR just doesn't do as well as I want it to. We had a blast at CycleRanch and I hope we get to go again next year. We went up for the practice on Wed with races Thurs thru Sun. We are tired but we had a great time!
How's Kendall doing?

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Hey srellis, thanks for the good words. I had a great time I really liked the track, too bad it's 28 hrs form home. I saw you out there on your TTR, looked like you were having fun, bet the track seemed big on it! I wanted to run the back section, I ran it in practice and the supermini's were supposed to run it but they changed there mind.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by srellis
Sounds impressive, but I was the only one that attended all the races and was usually the only one there. Kind of hard to lose if you are the only one in your class!!!!

that is often the case with kendall. i wish more girls would give it a try. here's the state schedule:

Sooner State Jan 18th
Hickory Ridge Feb 15th
Cooperland March 7th
Elk City March 28th
Woodland HIlls April 25th
Duncan MX May 9th
Ponca City May 30th
MCR June 26

all are one day races this year. no throwaways. we missed two last year. i think we can make them all in '04.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats Motogrl and susan on your finishes! I was real bummed that I couldn't make it. :( Next year for sure - thats really awesome that the women turn out was so big! Any clue how Philo Petricig #157 did in the Intermediate classes?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Philo had a great weekend. She finished 3rd in the 100/125 Intermediate, 2nd in the 100 cc Open and 1st in the schoolgirl.
The weather couldn't have been better and we hope it is just as good next year!!

Jay, we may be able to make a couple of them. After riding in Texas and OK so much I don't want to come back to Kansas hard-pack tracks!!! I guess it is good practice for Super-Motard.......
Susan

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Philo would have won the 100/125int also but her dad left the bag on her air filter so the bike ran bad :eek: She was winning the 100 open when she fell :whiner: She also made her debut in the pro class on sunday and finished 12th overall. The results are posted at www.cycleranch.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom