nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Just wondering if anyone has seen the WML results for this past weekend's race at Washougal. I checked www.wml-mx.com and www.mxgirls.com and no luck (yet). I was thinking about racing the last round at Steel City - still haven't decided yet, though. Motogrl307 - how about a race report? Did you get another win? :)

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Hello nikki. Nope didn't win this one:( First off there were a total of 52 am and mini women and 16 pros. Fri night it rained turned the track to mud but was ridable practiced the big hill and all. Then they decided to cut the hill shorten the track and stagger start the am and minis on shortened track. First gate big crash in 1st turn we waited forever for 2nd drop. Anxious to get going got a bad start of course then wasn't long found another crash of 1st gate on hill rode as hard as I could considering traffic everywhere got to whoops and were about 8 more bikes down had a 20 min plus 2 lap moto but couldn't catch the first 2 girls but did pass all the way up to 12th on the first gate ended up 3rd in my class. Now the peewees took so long to run track decided there wasn't enough time for 2nd moto and that's where it ended. So much for making it up in 2nd moto like hangtown. Oh well I'm still in the lead with 2 more rounds just hope I can hold it. Kayla Olson won the mini, Cheryl Penrose won the am, Tonia Satchwell won the pro class which had 2 motos and ran the whole track.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Washougal was wild! I'm glad and regretful at the same time that I didn't race. I like and do okay in mud but I've never ridden that track before so I might have done ok and I might have wanted to die. Congrats to all the gals, pro and am, who toughed it out. Washougal mud is legendary around here and it was a sloppy mess on Saturday. Conversely, it was PERFECT on Sunday! I looked for you, motogurl, but didn't see you.

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
firecracker it was a fun track but too bad it rained. Thurs and fri were great I raced both days and had the track dailed in and was set for sat. i was more upset that they only gave us one moto. I didn't know who you were either. I ran my 307s on thurs/fri but I run no 8 in the womens races. I was the little blonde on the podium in the mini class. Well maybe you can race next year.

Top Bottom