ltrad

Dec 15, 2003
I have 01 kx250. I was riding yesterday and I was having a hard time shifting into 4 and 5 when when at high RPM. When I was at low RPM it would go into 4 and 5 no problem. I think it is my clutch is worn out is this problem

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
If you shift by preloading the lever with your foot & backing off the throttle momentarily it should shift up fine with no use of the clutch lever.

If you are still having problems at high revs then there may be an issue with part of the shifting mechanism. Presumably you used decent bike gearbox oil?

Do the simple stuff first. Check the gear lever is tight on the spline & not rubbing on anything or restricted & in the right position that you can move it with your toe properly. You could try changing the oil the the brand you were using before.

If this fails then write back as it gets more complex from here.

ltrad

Dec 15, 2003
Heys guys I fixed it. I pulled the shifter off. When I got it off. I noticed it it was a bit loose. So I cleaned the shaft and the shifter. The bolt was also bent so I bought a new one. Slapped it back together. It shifts great. Thanks for the help

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom