adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
I am getting a deal for a brand new Works pipe for my 04 YZ 250. I know it rust alot but any tips on how to maintain this pipe to keep its brand new look and how often.

JOSH

spiller

Jun 27, 2005
adrenaline420 said:
I am getting a deal for a brand new Works pipe for my 04 YZ 250. I know it rust alot but any tips on how to maintain this pipe to keep its brand new look and how often.

JOSH
use a wash bung and cover it with wd-40 or similar after cleaning. Common sense really.

kxmike

Feb 2, 2005
get a scothbrite pad DELICATE DUTY (make sure its delicate duty because heavy duty scratches it) and clean it with that and wd40. do that as much as you can and make sure you do it after you wash it or if it gets wet.

mxrcr4

Mar 14, 2005
I used to have that huge rust problem in the 1980's when the unfinished pipes were all you could get. We used Aluminum rim cleaner for mag wheels, the one with acid. Just look at Auto Zone, etc. and make sure the bottle states it has acid in it. Spray it on pipe, use some cardboard or something behind the pipe for overspray if you don't take it off the bike. The cleaner just absolutely brings that new works finish right back. Wipe down and then coat with WD-40!

Top Bottom