LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
d-bag alert!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Hmm, slamming Bears fans now Dave? Its a Cubs fan! Get the story correct? They are that rabid about "their" baseball field. I could not imagine the wine bags that would come out, messing with the hollowed cubs field? There would be people hanging their selves, blocking bull dozers, yes, nut jobs for real! Did you see 1 post agreeing with the dodger wine bag? 1 fool with tools. Vintage Bob

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Did not go to the race, but have been to Dodger Stadium

Those that idolize the facility as some shrine to baseball that should be unsullied by an SX event need to take a step back and look at reality.

The truth is Dodger Stadium is at the end of its lifespan. It's got a lot in common with other stadiums that were built in the late '50's early '60s, and most of its contemoraries have been torn down and replaced by vastly superior, more modern stadiums.

To claim Dodger Stadium is 'too good' for SX is an insult to SX and SX fans. Many other non-baseball events that have happened on the field over the last 50 years. Shoot, SX was 'born' at the LA Coliseum, which has far more historical significance to the world and to LA. At one time or another, an SX race has been held in dozens of MLB parks, but Dodger Stadium is too good for SX? Puhhlleeeazee...

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
In the latest magazines over here we have an add using Brian Deegan roosting inside a sand trap while disgruntled golfers watch on from the green, there is probaly a whine in golf columns worldwide over that one

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If the Supercross got him upset, he's gonna' blow a gasket when the Monster Trucks move in on the 17th. :yikes: ;) :laugh: :rotfl: :nener:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Ol'89r said:
If the Supercross got him upset, he's gonna' blow a gasket when the Monster Trucks move in on the 17th. :yikes: ;) :laugh: :rotfl: :nener:

I'm sure he was scarred for life by the ski-jumping exhibition in the 1960's. At least Monster Trucks are American, just like baseball.

FWIW, my sister saw an Elton John concert on the field at Dodger Stadium, circa 1976-1977, and many big acts have performed there over the years, like Springsteen, U2, Simon & Garfunkel, the 3 Tenors, etc...

Attachments

• Dodger_stadium_skijump.jpg
    Dodger_stadium_skijump.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 80

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
"On an otherwise beautiful Southern California beachy-keen Saturday in January"

This made me laugh for some reason.... Just sounds like something a typical California doucher would say.

Top Bottom