BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
http://www.onechancetowin.com/trailer.php

The 1975 AMA 500cc National Championship Series will go down in the history of motocross as one of the most exciting and controversial in the sport’s history. A young filmmaker named Charles Bush decided to follow the series that year with his crew to make a documentary film about motocross.

With only five races in the series that year, there was little room for error. It would all come down to the last race in New Orleans on a hot, humid day in September 1975. Any one of six professional riders had a chance at winning the #1 plate that day...and the cameras were rolling. The stage was set for another “Battle of New Orleans” and this one would be like no other. Jimmy Weinert, Steve Stackable, Pierre Karsmakers, Billy Grossi, Kent Howerton, and Brad Lackey all had a chance at the title but only one would be victorious. American motocrossers were ready to show the Europeans that they were at their level and Pierre Karsmakers was the only foreigner competing in the series. On top of that Brad Lackey had just returned home from MX battles in Europe with his solo representation of the US and had his own score to settle.

Mr. Bush’s beautiful film was completed in 1976 and ready to release to the public. Unfortunately, the distribution company he signed on with went out of business and the film was never widely released...until now.

The Producers of the hit TV series The Motocross Files have uncovered this rare film and restored it from the only 35mm print in existence and transferred it to high-definition.

Includes 48-minute bonus documentary Behind the Battle-The Making of One Chance To Win with behind the scenes of the series itself by the people who were there. Interviews with Director and Producer Charles Bush, Jimmy Weinert, Bill Buchka, Brad Lackey, Pierre Karsmakers, Roy Turner, Dave Arnold, Steve Stackable, Bevo Forte, Keith McCarty, Jody Weisel, and Bob Hannah.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I remember that year well... thanks for the heads-up, I WILL own that DVD.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I don't remember that particular year or who ended up winning.....so NOBODY RUIN IT FOR ME! ;)

Yes, I will own a copy as soon as they are available. :nod:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Marty Smith?

Oldguy, is there any way for me to get this DVD up here in Canada?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Okiewan said:
You sure you don't wanna know?

Clang clang clang goes the trolley............ :blah:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
trial_07 said:
Marty Smith?

Oldguy, is there any way for me to get this DVD up here in Canada?
Not sure what the distribution will be. If when it comes out and it is not avail in the great white north and maybe we can work something out :cool:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Thank you Oldguy! History behind the sport I love is something that captures my interest.

I believe the one who won in 1975 was... :whoa: :nener:

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
oldguy said:
Any word if this has officially been released. I called a couple shops and they didn't know anything about it :coocoo: :think:

Friday (the 23rd) is the release date......according to the website. :cool:

Top Bottom