nitropimp

Nov 29, 2003
As some of you know, I drag race my WR in the dirt drags. I have started to have an intermittent problem with the trans.
Last time out, I made 7 practice runs without a problem. During first round of eliminations, the trans fell out of 3rd gear. I say "fell out" because it went in then came out.
This is the 4th time it has happened. I got beat by 0.006 seconds at the last race. :(
I do use an air shifter, and I have the ignition kill time (mag is grounded to aid in shift) set on the high side.
Eric built the engine a couple of months ago, it fell out a couple of times before I sent it to him, but he found nothing wrong with the trans. I can't find anything wrong either
I'm lost here folks :bang: , any advice?
Patrick

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
nitropimp said:
As some of you know, I drag race my WR in the dirt drags. I have started to have an intermittent problem with the trans.
Last time out, I made 7 practice runs without a problem. During first round of eliminations, the trans fell out of 3rd gear. I say "fell out" because it went in then came out.
This is the 4th time it has happened. I got beat by 0.006 seconds at the last race. :(
I do use an air shifter, and I have the ignition kill time (mag is grounded to aid in shift) set on the high side.
Eric built the engine a couple of months ago, it fell out a couple of times before I sent it to him, but he found nothing wrong with the trans. I can't find anything wrong either
I'm lost here folks :bang: , any advice?
Patrick

Is your air shifter set correctly? Maybe it is not making a full gear change and half a gear. Just a thought.

nitropimp

Nov 29, 2003
Thanks for the reply, gowen. Checking the pull on the shifter ram is part of my between round maintanance.
I just spoke with the manufactuer of the shifter, and they seem to think I am not fully depressing the shift button on the quick 2-3 shift.
It stinks that I can't test under race conditions until the first weekend of October.

Here is a pic of me leaving the starting line.
http://www.photosintime.net/html/b7_4.html

Top Bottom