Sep 11, 2005
hi, I have read alot of the jetting problems but still need help. I recently rebuilt the engine in my 92 Yamaha wr200. Since then I have not been able to get it running right. After break-in it had excellent low end power and could really get out of the hole fast and could even wheelie pretty good. problem was it would not rev out all the way on the top end. I went to the next lower size on the main jet(the one the bike came with, I went up one a little while before the rebuild). When I did this the top end rev was great but low end was having trouble. I spent several hours today playing with it and can't get it right. It has lots of trouble getting of the line, you have to give alot of gas to get it to go. The after you shift to second you need to give it WOT to get it to accelerate enough to get to the next gear. once it revs out to the top of a gear is runs fine but it has no torque at all on the low end.

Anyone have any idea? I'm not too familiar with jetting so please really explain what I need to do?

Last edited:

jefpel_1213

Apr 17, 2006
Stop playing around with it and take it somewhere to get it properly jetted and running at its best. If you want to find a place to take it look in your phonebook or ask people where you ride

Top Bottom