RedRouge55

Apr 28, 2007
I just bought a Yamaha WR250F and it has a 1/4 turn throttle. Its really hard to get used to and would like to fix it so its not wide open after a 1/4 turn on the grip. My dealer told me you can get a jet kit to change this. Let me know if you know of a place that I can get this kit. I doesn't make sense to me why Yamaha would think this would be a good idea to put on a trail bike. :think:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Check to see if the trottle stop has been cut or changed.

RedRouge55

Apr 28, 2007
Its a 2006 brand new from the dealer and they said that is was suppose to be like that. Where it the throttle stop located?

chris_wr250

May 2, 2007
Hi RedRouge,

There's no relation between jetting and the limited 3/4 throttle on the WR.
Theres a long screw (it's shorter on the YZ) that stops the slide in the carb from fully opening. You can either order a YZ screw or pull yours out and cut it down to YZ spec.
I did it to mine, it was real easy. Most dealerships put the shorter throttle limiter in there before the bike leaves the shop.

I don't know if I can post links here, but search for 'thumper FAQ', there's a decent instruction page in the free mods section on that site.

RedRouge55

Apr 28, 2007
Sweet! That would be nice if its just a screw and I can get this thing setup right. Having some problems locating the instructions on how to do this though. I will keep looking.

RedRouge55

Apr 28, 2007
Thanks for the info. I cut the bolt today and man did it make a difference. Now I can get that front tire up no prob. I feels like a different bike. I wonder why Yamaha thought that would be a good idea to put a throttle stop on a 250. When you buy 250cc's you would think you would want to use all of it.

Thanks again!

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
The bike is set up like this to meet Calf. green sticker req. Go to thumpertalk.com and there is lots of info on taking out the rest of the "corks"

Top Bottom