mattg6o

Dec 29, 2004
my last thread dissappeared :bang: . I have tried the forum search and haven't had much luck. I want to get an '03-'05 wr250f, but 38-39" seat height is kinda tall for me. I am only 5'8". What can I do to make the seat height lower. Help me out,...this may be the only thing that turns me off of this bike. :worship:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
You can have the suspension lowered (costs about 350 to 500). You can cut and weld the subframe or elongate the bottom bolts so it sits lower. You can also shave the seat foam a bit and reinstall the cover. I'd start with an 05 they lowered the seat height this year (not buy much though). I'd start with the latter to and if you still can take the height spend the cheese to do up the suspension.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
im 5' 6" and the 2004 CRF230F 4 stroke fits me perfect. i am planning on making payments on one next month. i just have to figure out how to get the money. its $137.76 a month plus about $1080.00 for a down payment before they let me take the bike. seat height on the 230 is 34.1 inches. so whats the fun in paying for a bike but not being able to ride it? right? a friend of mine is picking himself up a 2004 yammy 660R Raptor in April, and right now all i have is an 86 SuzukiLT250EF 4 stroke quad with no rear suspension or i could ride my papa's 94 Polaris Trailboss 250, 2wd 2 stroke. but i gotta fix that before i ride in April. and i gotta keep up with a KDX 200 2 str and an 04 Rappy. so my suzuki is up for sale. has been for like 4-5 months. even had it at my local yammy shop and no bites. so i just put it up on www.buysell.ca, but they gotta review it before they can post it up. and im gonna put it in the buy and sell newspaper next week hopefully. because when i get this 230 i want to be able to bring it home right away's and ride it. just throw some gas and oil in her take her for a rip.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
at 5'-8" you shouldn't have too much trouble. I know a chick that is 5'-5" and rides a 2003 WR250F :)

You can move the forks up a bit in the clamps, and depending on what you weigh, take some of the preload out of the rear.

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
I am 5'4" and was worried about the seat height of the 05 WR250, it actually fits me pretty well with no adjustments. My husbands CRF250X is for some reason taller for me.

kentuckycat

Mar 21, 2005
I backed out the preload on my WR250 about 1/3 of the way. I also pulled up the forks about 1/4 of an inch. It lowered the seat height about an inch. I'm 5'7", 180#, and couldn't touch the ground with the stock settings. I had to stiffen up the compression damping and rebound, though, to make up for the loss in preload. Now I can touch the ground, even if it's just with my tip-toes. :nod:

Top Bottom