jdager

Apr 26, 2008
Hi all,
I just picked up a new to me 2001 wr250f dirtbike. I am new to fourstrokes, and dont know a lot about them. I took it for a couple hour ride, and had a couple of issues I would like to get worked out. first, the bike was a pain in the butt to start, and I have already ordered the yz250f cam with the auto decompression, does anyone have a good link to instructions with pictures on how to install it? I have searched and plan to spend some more time looking, but any advice would be a great help. secondly, the clutch on the bike never seemed to fully disengage. when I would coast to a stop, the bike would die unless I kept giving it gas. also, with it in gear, and the clutch pulled in, you can not kick start it, or even roll it forward, it just locks the rear wheel. I did some searching, and ended up replacing the clutch springs with the yz250f pink springs, but after getting everything back together, I put it in gear, pulled the clutch and tried to roll it forward, and no dice, still locked the rear. what else can I do?
thanks for your help,
Jim Dager

jdager

Apr 26, 2008
nope, looked perfect and brand new, bike only has 80 miles on it, so I find it hard to believe that something is seriously messed up in there. seems that everyone with the wr's has this problem

Top Bottom