mmdoctor

Dec 2, 2004
i'm an experienced woods/trail rider and race the occasional hare scramble. i have done a ton of research and have decided to go blue (been red since the age of six). i'm 5-11 and 220 lbs and wondering if i should buy the 250 or the 450? i'm coming off a '96 XR250 and looking for something with much more pep. any help would be appreciated.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Both are a lot more pep than the XR. Kind of hard to say based soley on the info provided, but at 220, I'd go for the 450. That's just me.

B

biglou

I'm 6' and 240 (before breakfast...) I rode Rooster's WR250 for about 20 miles worth at DirtWeek this year. It's uncorked, and while I say it's the perfect woods bike for me (track queen), it fell flat in the open for me. I did like the low end pull up to about mid throttle though. If all I were doing was riding through trees with only short open stretches, I'd buy one. By the same token, I wouldn't be all that comfy with the YZ450 in the trees. A bit too twitchy for me in that close of proximity to trees. So I think I'm agreeing with MrLuckey here. The WR450 sounds pretty good.

mmdoctor

Dec 2, 2004
thanks for the quick response and info guys. i probably should have explained that the trails i ride here in WA state are very technical and there are not a lot of opportunities to really open it up. most of the time i'm in 2nd or 3rd gear. i do not ride in the sand at all. i do enjoy hill climbs however. have heard the 450 might be too much coming in and out of the tight stuff. also, i plan on opening up either either bike with all the free mods and a new pipe.

Top Bottom