KXaggerator

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2001
Here is my dilemma. I installed the Windows XP 64-bit evaluation on my Athlon 64 system in a dual boot set-up. To do this I formatted a partition on my hard drive and XP chose to make it FAT32, so I changed it to NTFS. Well as you might imagine the new beta OS does not work very well and it will not work with the built in networking or the several broadband cards that I tried due to the 64-bit environment. XP 64 is supposed to have a built in 32-bit environment so that standard programs will work, they do to but hardware does not. The OS also does not come with Java VM due to the lawsuit, so the first thing that must be done is installing it. I have given up and so I decided to dump the XP 64, but it does not want to go. I found from the Microsoft knowledge base that you couldn’t uninstall XP if you changed the file system from FAT32 to NTFS. There are no uninstalling options in the usual places. Do I have to format the partition to get rid of XP 64 and if I do will it cause problems with my standard XP OS? :bang:

Top Bottom