trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Has anyone here changed from the regular bars to a motox type bar? I was wanting to replace the bent stock bars on my daughters xr100 with some bars off of a YZ85. Will they fit ok? It looks like they are much shorter/lower than the high xr bars. Will they feel ok?

Thanks,
-eric

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
The XR 80/100 bars are more related to a "mini" ATV bar bend, then they are to a motorcycle bend. So going to a YZ bar would put her in a sportbike stance :) And I don't think anyone (Renthal) makes replacement bars for the XR 80/100, which sucks because it's suck a popular ride. Why did you want to go to a YZ bar?

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
I have the yz250 bars. I was thinking of trying those on the xr and see how she likes it.

Oh...I was going to use the yz just because they are in my garage...they were given to me. Her bars are a little bent now.

redrider100

Aug 17, 2003
I wouldn't use the YZ250 bars. They are gonna look and feel huge on that XR. Try the renthal 7/8 bars in the mini high bend. Those bars will probably be your best bet. And if you want something a little different, get a new set of triple clamps with 1 1/8 mounts and run a pro taper bar. Most "mini" bar bends will work with the XR.

Top Bottom