yamart180

Mod Ban
Feb 14, 2007
My friend has a 1999 XR200R that he blew the fork seals from putting the air pressure to high. we replaced the seals drained the old oil and put new oil in according to the manual. the manual says not to put in more than 15 psi of air in so we put in 13.
then we went on a ride and in the begining he went on 1 small jump and nothing happened. 45 mins later of just trail and field riding and the seal were shot up in to the fork boots while riding in a field. is there something forgot that would cause this? how can we fix it?

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
You may want to stop putting air in the forks. During normal fork action, air enters the fork and will increase the air pressure in the forks. The temperature in the forks goes up a little and causes an increase in air pressure. Putting air in the forks seemed to be normal many years ago, but most people recommend no air in the recent past few years.

MRW

Oct 28, 2006
yamart180 said:
My friend has a 1999 XR200R that he blew the fork seals from putting the air pressure to high. we replaced the seals drained the old oil and put new oil in according to the manual. the manual says not to put in more than 15 psi of air in so we put in 13.
then we went on a ride and in the begining he went on 1 small jump and nothing happened. 45 mins later of just trail and field riding and the seal were shot up in to the fork boots while riding in a field. is there something forgot that would cause this? how can we fix it?

Come on man you forgot the cir-clip that holds the seal in.
Is this april fools stuff! You did`nt read no manual. :uh:

I`m stressin bout tax day and you pullin this!! :bang:

Top Bottom