xr350 swingarm change.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000

fletcher

Dec 28, 2006
thanks ol89r, done that and it seems to start better when hot, i have another problem now if anyone can help me, when i rebuilt the motor and got it going , i had trouble with the engine breaking down and back firing when the sec where opening and honda changed the coil for me and it ran perfect, well that was only 2 months ago and its doing it again, can anyone tell me why its burning coils out, not completely burning the coil out as it will still start and run on the primarys perfect , it only breaks down with the sec on, iv changed the sparkplug but still the same {help please}.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
fletcher.

A bad ground/earth on the spark plug can cause a coil to go bad. If the lead connector to the plug was oxidized, it would give you a bad ground. If you fixed that, you shouldn't burn out any more coils. Also, make sure you have a good ground on the coil. No paint under the ground.

If the missing problem still persists, check the jets in the secondary carb and also the intake manifold for cracks. these harden over time and can separate from the aluminum flange that bolts the manifold to the head.

There is also a little reed valve in the head just below the top cover. It is a thin, stainless steel reed that looks like a short feeler gauge. It is held on with two tiny phillips screws. If this is broken or bent, fuel will feed back into the pri carb when you get on the secondary side. If it is bent upwards and not sealing, take it off and turn it up-side-down. If it is broken, replace it.

fletcher

Dec 28, 2006
can any of you guys tell me if a xr25084 seat fit my xr350 83 if not can i make it fit at all .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…