Yamaha-Suzuki of AZ. .

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
I posted this topic at ST's AZ Trail Talk last week. I'll post it here for anyone considering buying a new or used bike in AZ now, or in the future.

The short of the situation is I wanted to purchase a used '02 KX250 from these jokers. They quoted me a very good cash price on a Wednesday, added a DOC fee on Thursday, then tried to tell me the CDI went bad overnight on Friday and tried to get another $250 (was $500 at first!) out of me. I called their bluff with CDI B.S. and said I'd take the bike as is. (I started it first kick on Wednesday, I suspected the CDI was not bad. Even if it was; I would fix it myself). The owner's son comes out and makes up some more BS about a problem with the paper work; no title for the bike. Which is nonsense since on Wednesday I asked if there was a clean title. Salesperson tells me they can't take trades(KX was a trade-in) without a title. So yes, there was a title. Then tells me I will have to pay a title fee.

Now on Friday, magically like the CDI, there's no title. So I ask him(owner's son) why was the bike out front for sale in the first place? He tells me he reserves the right to refuse anyone service and that he won't sell me the bike. End of story. So there you have it. I suspect they put their tiny heads together and realized they could get more money for the bike; either from me, or the next guy. So they jerked me around for three days. Each time I was either waiting for service, waiting for salesperson, waiting for salesmanager, holding for salesperson, waiting for owner's son. I spent hours waiting.

And in the end I got no race bike. What irks me the most is the amount of time I spent in there without accomplishing a thing; except to cross this place off my list of places to shop for bikes/parts.

For the record I had been buying parts from YSA for years from the owner (not his son) and had only good experiences.

Something to consider when in Phoenix, Arizona. .

Dash

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I went through the same crap with Lithia Springs Yamaha in Georgia. I got a price of $5800 and change OTD for an '01 YZ250F last August. When I called the next day to arrange the purchase, the price had gone up to $6200.

When I asked to speak with the guy who quoted me $5800, they told me that he no longer worked there. :silly:

I found a VERY low-hour '01 two days later for $4500. Screw 'em.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Some dealers are truly amazing.:think
There is a KTM dealer here in Farmington that is bad enough that ive seen KTM owners who try to get theyre parts from the local Honda dealership rather than go back to them.:eek: :confused:

Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
I got a Price on a YZ250F for 5,499 2002 model. Brand new and when I got there it magically moved on up to 6,599. No deal was made. Dealer in virginia. I will never buy from them or attempt it. They suck!
CRG

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
There are a couple of dealers in the Chicago area that are notorious for this kind of thing. They will advertise CR250's at $4,595 or CRF450's at $5,295 and then add $1,500 in other fee's. I am suprised Honda lets them get buy with it. It gives Honda a bad rep.

This is a motorcycle purchase for gods sake. These kind of dealers need to be put out of business. Personally, if the price changed one penny from what we discussed on the phone I would walk. Life is too short to play games with a dealer on a motorcycle purchase. Afterall, bottom line is it is a toy and not a necessity. You have to wonder what some of these dealers are thinking.

Top Bottom