Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
I can't stand those ads. As a PC user, I find them so stupid, saying how Macs are more fun, etc. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really enjoying PC games.. How're those 6 games for the Mac treating you??

Seriously though, these ads are really extreme and put the pc down more than it really deserves. I'm not saying I hate Mac though, I have to use them too.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hows it feel to be left behind in the gaming world by the consoles? Video games? Bah.. child's play and soon, the PC games will be old-school only.

Don't realize it yet? Just wait my PC gamer bro, your days are numbered. Then you are left with spreadsheets :) I've got PC on the network to play some Call Of Duty 2 once in a while ... X-Box already has COD 3? Humm... see the trend? PC's will get ported versions of the console releases (ie; dumbed-down) and that's it.. PS3 releases? It's over for the PC (games). Seriously.

Believe it ot not, there is a creative world out there, movies, ads, photography, music, music videos... that ALL where the Mac dominates. Macs are about creativity, stability, mega file handling, etc... not mindless first person shooters.

Why would the industry want to make games for the Mac anyway? The PC requires 10X the bloat and power to run them, everyone makes money while you buy the latest game and then have to upgrade your hardware YET AGAIN to run it at 10 fps and not lock up so often, lol. It's a never ending "suck the life out of you" deal.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Doesnt a Mac get outdated once its 3 or 4 years old like any PC? I really dont see the benfit of either one over the other. Whatever works for your needs.

Its a farse that you need a mac for graphics though. I know they have had a stronghold on that area for while. But I have used both PC's and Macs for graphics since 92' and just as powerful and mainstream of products have been used on the pc format. PC programs would strive towards compatability while the Mac programs would try to specialize in its own format, like Sony with its betamax. Beta may have been the best format at the time, but why would you buy something that pigeon holes you into a specialized group.

I guess it appeals to the same guy that buys a VOR or a Cannondale.

Top Bottom