You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
I can remember too many things on that list for my liking. I feel old now!!

1985- 5 years old, carefree, happy go lucky little fella.

2005- 25 years old, homeowner, engaged, just found out my fiance is pregnant :cool: , less free time than when i was 5!

Funny how things change, I just need to grow up now, and get that PW50 sorted ;)

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I can't beleave the all mighty beeper didn't make that list. every one had one or wanted one

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I miss the 80's :(

I had some SERIOUS big hair, bright pink pearlescent lipstick, HUGE earrings and white-framed Wayfarers. My LA Gear's were pink and white and Sting was a member of The Police.

Here's the REAL test of your memory of the 80's:

http://www.yetanotherdot.com/asp/80s.html

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
I miss the 80's :(

I had some SERIOUS big hair, bright pink pearlescent lipstick, HUGE earrings and white-framed Wayfarers. My LA Gear's were pink and white and Sting was a member of The Police.

Here's the REAL test of your memory of the 80's:

http://www.yetanotherdot.com/asp/80s.html

Did you go to my high school? :)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i still think huge earring are hot :nod: and big hair rocks if done right

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I remember that it took me well into the 90's to stop layering my bangs all the way across the top of my head (Chick Mullet :cool: ). Aqua Net was my friend.

Jeffd (aka "Ripper Pinto" :debil: ), if I had gone to your school, I'da been the one who said "Like, gag me with a spoon" using the correct (San Fernando Valley) accent and not the Texas Twang with additional (read: too many) syllables. ;)

I remember back in the 80's my college roomate was on the Cattle Judging Team at Cal Poly and all she could talk about was "Those cowboys from Texas A&M" she'd met at a judging contest. I also remember it was in the 80's when it was actually "OKAY" for a cowboy to wear Reeboks or LA Gears with their wranglers. That was a turning point fer sure.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Natty- that song list of yours made my brain hurt, but I'm loving it. Some of that stuff was killer, especially by todays standards!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
Jeffd (aka "Ripper Pinto" :debil: ), if I had gone to your school, I'da been the one who said "Like, gag me with a spoon" using the correct (San Fernando Valley) accent and not the Texas Twang with additional (read: too many) syllables. ;)

Texans don't have accents. It is everyone else that talks funny. :laugh:

BTW - I was only a 'roper' for about 1 year (did a 1 year guest appearance as a cowboy in the 7th grade) and I am a native Texan. I did own some Reeboks, and yes, there are many other items on that list I recall - however the Reebok shoe thing is the only one I'll admit too. :ohmy:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
san deimus high................so crates sound familiar :laugh: royal ugly dudes

bill&teds excellent adventure

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
ellandoh said:
bill&teds excellent adventure

That was just on Comedy Central

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
MXGirl230 said:
That was just on Comedy Central

and you know i had to watch it :coocoo:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
ellandoh said:
and you know i had to watch it :coocoo:
We did too...

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
#68 If you remember "My Buddy" and/or "Kid Sister"

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Kav said:
#68 If you remember "My Buddy" and/or "Kid Sister"
alex keaton??

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Kid sister was the girls verson of My Buddy

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
"my buddy, my buddy, my buddy and me!!"

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Haha, i was born in '88 and my sisters were born in '86 and '84. I still remeber alot of that stuff. I had a my buddy doll, my sister had the girls version. I remember the big wheel plastic trikes. Man i thought they were cool. Also, how about Stretch Armstrong? I've ripped open more than my fair share of those.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
big wheels, yup I remember those. I had one, well until I got my battery powered Honda 3 wheeler. I rode the plastic wheels off that thing. I remember I had a bicycle with Mag wheels, I was the coolest kid in the neighborhood!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
What about Teddy Ruxben (SP?) and the Transformers (and there cheap Knock-Off the Go-Bots)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Kav said:
What about Teddy Ruxben (SP?) and the Transformers (and there cheap Knock-Off the Go-Bots)

Can't leave out 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' :laugh:

Top Bottom