Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You've probably noticed the addition of the "[your username]'s Weather / Forecast" at the top of the forums...

The default location is Central Park, NYC.
At the bottom of the forecast window, there is a link "Change Settings". This is where you select your location (or close to you) . Once you change these settings, your info will be saved.

The weather updates every two hours, but you can also "force" an update... which probably won't make any difference.

The weather is from AccuWeather's database gateway.

Enjoy.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I couldn't find it because I'm "dirty", but after a little guidance I managed! ;)

It's down there, people, you just gotta look better than I did the first time!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:cool: feature, a sunny 88 in Amarillo today, definitelly makes it easier to find the weather around the country and compare - understand why Okie spends so much time indoors :p

What next, a google portal, yellow/white/blue pages ?! ;)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I saw it earlier, but it wasn't a link then. Now it works. Style set 3 is the best.

You are too much. Thanks

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
This is too cool! ;) Ya know, if these changes keep commin', this could be the ONLY web site I'll ever need!! :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by steve125
I bet he has a laptop mounted on his handlebars ;) :)

cor blimey, 'ow dya know Okie rode a quad - that is a closely guarded secret :p no more :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey Okie, something's wrong. It always shows sunny where I am?? Oh wait, no, it's working right. hehehehe

Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Hmm I can get as far as Alberta Canada, then it wont let me select a city or change it :think
Sorry Okie you cant ride just yet :confused:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
:think
OH MY GOD!!!
I am so out of here, thanks for NOTHING okie :confused: :p :whiner:

Update, I kept playing with it and now it's fixed, I just had to change the province a few time,
So fine ill stay, that was just a warning ;)

Last edited:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Okie, site is looking great. You're forcing me to become a support member, I feel guilty getting all of this for free. I've got a couple of databases and reporting tools that I use on my job pretty regularly, could you put those somewhere on the site for me so I can justify the amount of time I spend on the site if the boss ever questions me and then I'll never have to leave.....mmmmwwwuuuhaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Having the weather easy to get to is great. Is there someway to query a bunch of weather services to find the best prediction and only show that? ;)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Actually, it is great that the default is Central Park in NYC. That is where I live! Yeah, I have me a sweet park bench over on the east side. Not too many rats over there and it gives me a good eye on things. I am down to getting mugged only 3 times a week. But now that I know the WX, I will know how many newspapers to bring to cover up with. Okie, you are the best.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Wicked, it actually has my city on there. Who would have thought St.Catharines would have made it to the big leagues of DRN.

Top Bottom