madmickv

May 17, 2004
i have a 2001 yz 125 i dropped the clip down in my carby 1 notch because it was bogging under big load in 5th and 6th gear in sand i was told to do this and it helped that problem but now i keep fouling plugs before that i hadnt fouled a plug since i had the bike im at sea level and have v force reeds stock pipe and stock jetting any help :bang: :bang:
ps i run motul 800 at 37.5 to 1 and i leaned the air screw 1 turn that helped but i still fouled a plug after a few rides

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
sounds like your main jet is too rich. Drop the size in main jet and I bet it will cure most of your fouling issues and more than likely give more power to the WFO position.

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
When you dropped the clip, you are richening up the circut. Have you ever changed a plug? What did they look like? What did the last one look like? Post pics if you can, if not, describe.. Wet Black, dry black, white, brown? The plug will tell the story of your jetting. I'm assuming your plug was going anyways, but if it is bogging under heavy loads, I'm betting your jetting is rich, considering you have torched a plug. BTW, the needle does not have much (if at all) effect on the wide open part of the RPM band. So, your fouling is from the main I'm assuming. Maybe somebody else can shed some light, but, let us know what the plugs look like.

madmickv

May 17, 2004
when i took it out itwas wet black it seems to foul more on tight tracks when it doesnt get to rev much. when im running flat out tracks with long straights it is running strong thanx 4 your help

Top Bottom