yz125yo

Jan 4, 2007
I hopped on my 1999 yamaha yz 125 today, and i had no rear suspension it was almost like it was frozen. I didnt know what to do, I was wondering if anybody could help?
thank you
Matt # 166

matt poker

Oct 17, 2006
I have the same bike, and the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back. It was the linkage bearings. If they're seized that bad, you should replace them, although you could probably get away with just greasing them.

yz125yo

Jan 4, 2007
matt poker said:
I have the same bike, and the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back. It was the linkage bearings. If they're seized that bad, you should replace them, although you could probably get away with just greasing them.
Sweet you saved my day, i was soooo worried about it, how much are linkage bearings? Are they hard to replace? Do you know a website that shows how to do it, or does the manual?
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!
Matt 166

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Linkage bearing kits are about $85 through an afermarket company like Pivot Works, Moose, or All Balls. They aren't particularly difficult to replace, if you have a large vise, otherwise they can be a pain. If you remove the linkage yourself and take it to a dealer, it should only cost about an hour's labor or $80.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well if you're lucky it will be linkage bearings. My buddy had the same thing happen to his 96 rm125 and the shock bladder had a hole in it and some other internal things in the shock.

yz125yo

Jan 4, 2007
if the shock bladder had a hole in it that would mean that the suspension would be so soft that the pressure of your hand could move it up and down.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom