Yz 144 Case Mod For Cylinder Clearance

gren385

Feb 24, 2008
ok i was told to tape off the crankcase and use a dremell to make room for the cylinder skirt on my 06 yz 125,im nervous about messing this up and takeing to much off or no matter how carefull i am there will b some shaveings getting into the motor.Was thinking about spliting the cases and haveing a shop mill them.While i have everything apart i would change all the bearings to ceramic.any thought on what route i should go? i know some people here dont like cermaic bearings but i know the guy very well who owns the bearing shop and he has put them in everything for the last 3 years from top fuel drag bikes to pit bikes and not 1 prob from any bike he has done :whoa:

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
Ceramic bearings don't like dirt.
Not too familiar with this particular mod, but I have done several two stroke big bores. I personally think it is hack to grind metal on an assembled engine, split the cases!
Also, depending on the clearance needed it could be a combo of relieving the case and trimming the skirt of the piston.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
With some simple masking, some tape and a vaccum is how Eric Gorr does it and I don't think he is a hack.

gren385

Feb 24, 2008
what bearings like dirt??if i keep my tranny oil and air filter clean how can the ceramic bearings come in contact with dirt??

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…