MX BATES

May 25, 2007
Can Some one please give me the goods and bads of this bike and what they have experienced from riding it.

Me and my dad are thinking about getting one of these because we only have 2 bikes (ttr-125 , and a yz250f) and the ttr-125 is not going to cutt it for either of us. I have been looking around and found this ( http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/7/8/88698278.htm )

It is a 2005 450f with Motoworks susp, Tag bars, O ring chain, Renthal sprocket for 3,000 dollars

do you believe this would be a steal of a deal?

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I rode one of those things a while ago, and I came out of a corner and cracked the throttle open and that thing pulled so hard. Those have an incerible amount of power.

May 10, 2007
yea they have a LOAD of power

but that comes with the engine size

like owens said that is a lot of bike so if you ride it be VERY careful it will be lots of power compared to a relatively small ttr125

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I bought a new left-over '04 450F last fall after a year on a KX125 and then KTM200sx (and 30 years of bikes before that). If you have a 250F, then the 450F is just more of that. I rode several 250F and 450F before deciding on the 450F. It has much more low-end, pulls hard, and demands good throttle control, but it's not THAT brutal. Not like a TM400, at least. :) The worst thing about the 03-05 YZF's, IMHE, is getting them to turn. Several issues at work here- taller center of gravity, Yamaha geometry, and the 450 engine that's more "open-class" than the 250F. Contrary to what everyone says about sitting on the gas tank, I've found that I can turn best when I sit a little farther back and even better when I just stand all the time (like Stefan Everts! Only much slower). But, then again, I'm coming off the KX125 which was a turning machine- the 450F is about as polar opposite as you can get and still be a dirt bike.

The only thing is that I'd be a little hesitant about buying a used 4S unless you're sure of the previous owner's maintenance. On the upside, Yamaha engines have a good rep for reliability.

After riding the 450F, I can pretty much keep our TTR pinned and clank the suspension at will. The TTR is a great bike for what it is, but moving from it to the 450F is like getting off the merry-go-round and getting on a Derby contender. In fact, I'm looking at selling the TTR and getting a YZ85 for our "small" bike.

yzryder34

Jun 3, 2007
i have had my 05 450 for about yr and a half now and at first you think what am i doing with this bike but after you ride it for about 2 weekends your arms start to get used to it and then you know what you can and cant do but thats like every other bike so get it and just hang on.

Top Bottom