Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Here comes the part where the Yamaha owners suggest the YZ, The Honda owners the CR, etc., etc. Many of which have zero experience on any of the two bikes you are asking about.

Either bike will be great. Pick a color. Go with the one in the best shape. Get the one that feels best when you sit on it.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Whatchhoo trying to say Okie? Just because I have a stable full of Yamaha's that's all I like? Heheheee.

The best bike is the one you like. People will argue to the death about which brand is better, but quite frankly, I've seen a certain someone (Jeremy McGrath) kick some serious tail on both CR and YZ. (Didn't he start out on a little KX?)

It's not about the brand, it's about the condition of the bike and the cost.

Check them both out and go from there.

I<3Dirt

Feb 3, 2007
Just like the other guys said, it's basically just, pick a color and go with it.
Ride both bikes and see which you like better.
Other things to look for in deciding between the two would be, which has better tires, which has a more recent top end, which looks like it's been maintained better, and things like that.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
Okiewan said:
Here comes the part where the Yamaha owners suggest the YZ, The Honda owners the CR, etc., etc. Many of which have zero experience on any of the two bikes you are asking about.

Either bike will be great. Pick a color. Go with the one in the best shape. Get the one that feels best when you sit on it.

ha....... im a former 2002 honda cr250 owner and loved the cr's until 2002's case reed engine i say get the yz!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom