LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
'96- '01 yz 125 & 250 recall on throttle cable pulley

also for the '97 WR 250

Cable could stick wfo

thought you might want to know

426 Pilot

Apr 27, 2000
Emig???? I just got my recall notice for my 01 yz250. I've got to wonder if there is any relation to what happened to Emig and his career ending injury from a stuck throttle on his yz.

Fixxxer78

Sep 29, 2000
I got a phone call last week and a letter today.

I had my throttle stick a couple of times on my ’00 yz125 while riding in the dunes but thought I maybe got some sand in it...guess not. It was scary, let off the throttle and it just kept going!!! :scream:

Nate

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I want to know if the dealers are going to or already have the new part(s). Anyone called yet? I don't want the YZ sitting at the dealers for 3 months. :scream:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Our Local dealer will have parts in a couple days, repairs will be done while you wait about 10 min

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
I also received the notice about my 2001 YZ250. If you read the letter they mention the rotor pulley. It appears they are talking about the throttle tube. Does anyone agree with this?

I use an aftermarket Works Connection aluminum tube, so I'm hoping it will be a non-issue for me. I still want the replacement from my Dealer though. Maybe they will include a set a grips, since they'd have to replace one if I had one glued to the stock throttle tube.

Wardd.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Nope,it's the cable pulley insde the housing, not the tube

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom