May 9, 2007
It's a great motocross bike. It's very reliable. And like any bike, it's only as fast as your ability makes it. If you're a good rider, then it'll be smokin' fast. If you suck, it'll be really slow. Simple, really... :)

96speed

Dec 10, 2006
Filthy_McNasty said:
It's a great motocross bike. It's very reliable. And like any bike, it's only as fast as your ability makes it. If you're a good rider, then it'll be smokin' fast. If you suck, it'll be really slow. Simple, really... :)

LOL. Yup :D.

125s can be really slow. Put the same rider on a 450f and it makes the 450f slow. Imagine that :-). Most people, IMO, wouldn't be faster on a bigger bike. It pretty much comes down to skill until you get to a certain level. Again, just my opinion. I've been riding about 6 months and have never come to a jump that my 125 couldn't clear but a 450f could. I just lack the huevos! :D

Ryan

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I have a YZ-125 and a WR-250 (very similar to the YZ-250 but with a wide ratio transmission).

When I get into the rough the YZ-125 is just as fast as the 250. I may have to shift three times as much as I would on the WR-250 to keep it in the power band but it can definately push me along at speeds greater than I want to go.

When it comes to climbing hills the WR-250 has a small advantage. Again, I have to shift more on the 125 and I MUST keep the RPM up. On the 250 I can stop on the hill and get going again, on the 125 if I don't make it up I ride back down and try again.

The one spot where the 125 is slow is when we hit the wide smooth roads. I simply get to the end of 6th gear and watch the guys on the 250 pull away. Don't worry, I will only be a minute behind and will catch them as soon as they reach the rough stuff again.

You really shouldn't be buying a bike based on how fast it can go. Believe me, a 125 has more than enough power to get you into trouble.

Rod

Top Bottom