yz125 no spark

Cory9584

Jul 29, 2007
I have an 82 yz125 with no spark and i just located and replaced the cdi box because i can see from looking at it that its melted. Now what do i try next? I tried unplugging the shutoff switch thinking maybe it was stuck and still nothing. How do i check if the magneto is putting out? How do i check the coil?

Cory9584

Jul 29, 2007
i ended up testing the coil by hooking it to a 9 volt. I checked the wires for continuity, so it has to be the stator by process of elimination

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
A manual for the bike should have the specs to check the stator.

If the stator is bad, it can be rebuilt by a stator repair place. Ricky Stator is one that comes to mind. You can find them on ePay. I think the sellers name is stator sis.

Rotor

Cory9584

Jul 29, 2007
thanks, i got the bike running after finding a cracked wire at the stator. The only problem is the wires are extremely brittle. I may be sending it out soon to get rebuilt now that i know everything else is good and i know that they can be rebuilt.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Cory9584 said:
thanks, i got the bike running after finding a cracked wire at the stator. The only problem is the wires are extremely brittle. I may be sending it out soon to get rebuilt now that i know everything else is good and i know that they can be rebuilt.

Good to hear. :cool:

Ride safe!

Rotor

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…