Dethklok

Jun 26, 2008
Ok Ill fill this out anyway even tho Im pretty set on either a 2001 CR250 or a newer YZ250...250SX if hey offer me a smokin hot deal...but maybe you guys will have another suggestion based off of this.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'7"ish close to 5'8" if not that...Im around 200 lbs but I've started working out again, usually Im around 175-185 when active...if I really get into dirt I'de like to hit 150-160.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Pretty aggressive at times, Im sure riding a 2-stroke will teach me how to ride aggressively if I am not.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
FMX maybe a little freeride, def some trail/woods riding...and the occasional track weekend.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Streetbikes for a while now and limited play time on a few dirt bikes and quads.

5) Do you think you will race ?
Open track days yes, I probally will not compete tho.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Ofcourse

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Usually Honda but I am leaning away from brand loyalty lately I just simply want the most reliable. best bang for my buck...but I def want a 2-stroke

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Theres a bunch pretty most major brands...Yamaha, KTM, Honda, Suzuki, Kawisaki...I am leaning towards a YZ at the moment

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
If I finance Ide estimate $5,000 (depends on what the stealership can do for me) used $1,500ish

10) Do you live in California?
Nope

11) Your age?
23 years on this rock

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Nothing comes to mind.

Now that we have that out of the way, I was wondering what everyone else was paying for an 08' YZ250? both sticker and OTD? Local dealer said they'de sell me one for $5700ish? I cant remember exactally. but it was around there give or take a little.

If anyone knows the invoice price on one of them that would be great too.

If I dont go YZ Im going back to my Hondas and will hunt down a good condition 01' CR250R...Im aware of what a great bike they are and how much theyre worth.

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
I bought my '03 yz for $1925, and that was after the taxes and fees, and the helmet, gloves, loading ramp, goggles, oils, and all that crap. So the bike itself probably only cost around $1600 - $1800.

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
I highly recommend an 06 or newer YZ250. It's got gobbs of low-end and pulls hard all the way to the top. It is a hand full in the woods, but what a ride.... I did have the suspension revalved. It kinda blew through the stroke before I had it done. I've seen some great prices on these bikes on this site.

Dave

Dethklok

Jun 26, 2008
Wow havent been here in a while haha.

Well I def want an 06'+ YZ250...but I am not having the best of luck finding one. Im seriously considering buying a new 09' after I sell my 636...Im sellin the crotch rocket either way, but if I buy a new YZ, then I can't build a streettard...

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
pyrofreak said:
Around where I'm from a clean '99-'02 250 two stroke will run you about $1800-2100.

:yikes: Here in BC a '99 - '02 250 two stroke will cost you anywhere between $2800 - $3500 ( even more if it is all decked out for racing). I think I should come shop down there for a bike.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Well, the ones that I would look at are reasonable, you can still find a 2001 for like $3200, but they are on the market a longgg time. A few of my buddys just bought some bikes, a '98 RM250 $1800, a '99 YZ250 for $2000, and a '01 YZ250 for $2300. All used but not beat down and clapped out.

jodyboy

Mar 5, 2008
Bought my '03 in January. Got the bike, extra set of handle bars(with bark busters), pro circuit pipe, a helmet, Alpinestars, chest protector, and tie down straps for $2,000.

Top Bottom