YZ250F (01) Fork Oil Change

Kyle Oslos

Aug 22, 2001
I realize there have been many threads on this overall subject, but I was hoping to find something more specific to the 250F (I assume that there are differences in the oil change process from model-to-model and/or manufacturer-to-manufacturer - if not, could someone point me to the most descriptive thread in order for me to get DETAILED & DISCRIPTIVE instructions).

Nonetheless, the Yamaha service manual for the 250F does not specify how to change the oil in the forks. If a complete breakdown of the front forks is required for a oil change, then the manual would be fine; however, I'm hoping that I don't have to disassemble the forks just to drain & add new suspension oil.

I am realatively OK when it comes to performing minor maintenance; however, I do not want to tackle something that I can't finish. Also, if special tools are requried (i.e, impact driver) then it would probably be best if I left this job up to my local (and expensive!) Yamaha dealership.

Can anyone be of any assistance and/or point me to a past thread that would help? Thanks!

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
Your local Yamaha dealership is probobly located in a convienient spot right outside of town, or in your town in the business center. If you go to a rural non factory authorized dealership youll pay about half and get the same work. Just make sure its a reputable place and not Bill and Ted's Motorsickle shop in Deliveranceville, Kentucky or whereever.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…