YZ250F for me?

MdkSniper

May 4, 2002
Well, I just want to get a few questions answered. Are YZ250F's hard to ride? I haven't been riding too much. I know how to ride 4-stroke dirtbikes, but I'm not great. I want to get a bike that is fast, that I can jump with, and one that I will fit on for a few years so a YZ250F seems to be a good choice. Is it a bad bike to own first? I know if I logged a few hours onto it that I could get it down pretty well. Also, do much do they go new and used? Thanks.

MdkSniper

May 4, 2002
Oh yeah, I'm 5' 7.4" and 169 LBS and still growing. I am only 15 years old and I really want a fast find that will hold up when I jump.

2000SE

May 7, 2002
250F

Dude, that bike is not your average 4 stroke....it has something like a 12:1 compression ratio. It is extremely FAST.. I think that it has a little better power distribution over the entire RPM range compared to a 2 stroke . I have ridden both 250 2-stroke and 250F and that is what I think. Also, the 250F has a little more intricate mechanics because it is a 4 stroke timing belts electronic valves.....just a thought..I think that you grow into though...

MdkSniper

May 4, 2002
It is either a YZ250F, CR125, or YZ125. I want the one that is the most user friendly, but still fast.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
YZ250F. You wont be disappointed if you get one, I've heard nothing but good things about them, except for starting them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…