yz250f or crf450, which to go for?

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
I am taking the 4 stroke plunge, off of an 01cr250. I have ridden the yz250f many times, which is the reason why....that bike is so nice to ride.....question...aside from the power advantage of the crf450 over the 250f how would folks compare their rideability for tight AND fast trails and mx. I will be racing a few harescrambles next year and mainly ride trails with some MX tracks around. My biggest concern between the two is certainly the weight difference...for anyone who has ridden both, can you tell me how they feel in size, traction, cornering, etc. Any advantages from a maintenance pov or a quality pov.

Any advice on which to go for?

jdrucker

Oct 4, 2002
The weight difference is not that big of a deal. I think that it is like 13 pounds heavier. ONce the CRF 450 gets going, you can hardly feel the weight. As for the maintenance, I haven't had anything go wrong yet. I have kept up with general upkeep and everything is still running good.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am coming off the 250f to a CR450F and have to say you won't lose on either account. I do mostly mx and the 450 is a little easier for me to recover from mistakes (I suck at cornering for example).

If I was racing more woods I'd probably go with a 250f (either the YZ or CR). The YZ250F is a GREAT woods bike. The 450 is no slouch in the woods either but I am so comfortable on the 250f in the woods that it would be my choice if that was the majority of my riding.

Ivan

Top Bottom