endosports

Jan 10, 2002
I called EG to see if he offered this kit but he explained to me that he didn't have the kit available.

Rick Peterson Motorsports performed the engine work. Here's what it takes to get it to 302.

Bore Cylinder to 79.00 mm. Stroke crank, replace with long rod kit(no specs provided), Mod upper motor mounts, mod oil return line(lengthen), rejet to 180mn, 52 pilot, adjust tps, install spacer with 2 gaskets at the cylinder base.

The power increase is very impressive, Rpm's dyno chart show a gain in 7 ponies. I have geared the bike up to 14/48 and the bike pulls wheelies easy though all the gears. Dr. D wet sump kit is on the bike and I have added a Yamaha engine hour meter for maintenence. This is not a cheap Mod by any means but it really brings the bike alive.

Now who will be the first to offer a complete kit? Is it possible and if your 250f has already gone though the crank this would be a nice option. :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
$2,700.00? WOW! Not me.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
2,677.44 to be exact.

How does 650.-- just for the rod kit. That's 3 parts...must be made out of gold.

RPM can be overpriced. I told my customer to go with EG but he insisted on having the biggest there is out there.

Who knows how long the thing will last but I will keep you posted.

Last edited:

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
Originally posted by Roost165
Um 2 grand why not just buy a YZF450? Or am i just crazy?

Because the 450 is an open bike. Some of us don't want an open bike. I can't wait for the day Yamaha builds a YZ350F............

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
He strokes the crank by moving the pin 8mm out ward. The rod is 8mm longer than stock (I beam style). He also shaves and drills out the crank to make up for the heavier rod and then rebalances it with steel inserts.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Craig Davis rode a 302YZF to the Pro class win at the OTHG Stawest race on Sunday. Everyone thought he was on a 450 :eek: . He had quite a battle with Gordon Ward on a CRF450 (rarely 3 feet separating them) but he went 2-1.

He pulled a great start in the first moto (combined pro/expert start). The thing hauled, but 2700 bucks, sheeesh.... :scream:

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by holeshot
Craig Davis rode a 302YZF to the Pro class win at the OTHG Stawest race on Sunday. Everyone thought he was on a 450 :eek: . He had quite a battle with Gordon Ward on a CRF450 (rarely 3 feet separating them) but he went 2-1.

He pulled a great start in the first moto (combined pro/expert start). The thing hauled, but 2700 bucks, sheeesh.... :scream:

It costs to be cool! And a faster. :)

sjph23

Aug 3, 2002
I`m pulling my motor out tonight and sending it to R.P.M for the 302 kit. Do you have any regrets with your bike? Any problems at all?
Thanks, Steve

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom