yz400 99 model

preacher0772

Jan 14, 2013
Hi i have traded for a yz400 it has new valves rings and the works .i did not know the way to start this until i looked it up.it was different that most bikes.but it would not start probly because we flooded it.so we pulled it with a 4 wheeler and finly got it started but it quit running when i pushed the red knob in and we tryed pulling it again and it was like it was locked up and it would just drag the rear tire.and when i went to kick start it again the kicker would not move so i rolled it back and forth in gear and the kicker would kick just a few inches.could it be vapore locked.thanks for any help

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If it won't kick through with the compression release pulled in, you need to take it apart. IMO, it's not a good idea to pull start your motorcycle with another vehicle. If it doesn't kick start it means there is something wrong. If you go ahead and pull it with a quad, you are taking a big chance of doing internal damage to your engine. Take it apart and inspect it.

preacher0772

Jan 14, 2013
thank you sounds like a valve broke or timming chain maybe.i will take it a part.it was kicking until after i pulled it and got it started and pushed in the red knob on the motor and killed it.wich is the lean.but its probly a colapased valve and they were put in new not long ago in sept and was rode 1 time and after that it set.until now.but thank you very much and have a great day

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…