YZ426F supermoto mods and help in general to a newb

Skithis

Oct 14, 2007
Im a newb. Im about to buy a 426F so I can ride it on the road. Its got all the road legal stuff except tires. Now i see that the supermoto guys run some big fat tires. Do I need aftermarket rims to run those fat tires? Do I need any suspension mods? Basically i just want it to look like a supermoto bike for me to cruise around the street with. Are there aftermarket fenders available for the front? something smaller like a supermoto bike? What sprockets do I need? Sorry about all the newb questions.

Also
Its SUPER hard to start, ive heard this is normal. But its kinda rediculous.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
i ride supermoto and yes you should buy some new rimms 18 inches and you should take a look at your front and rear susp. i have these problems with drifting couse my rear shock was too soft. and take a look at your spark plug and your cams :) and i had a supermoto front fender for wheelying. and if you want to ride some wheelees or want that real agressive bike you should go from 12 front sprocket and rear about 48 too 52. i had the same problem. and if you want to go cheap buy some all road tyres or enduro's. ive ridden them on the streets and i have never taken a highsider and i rode that bike like a maniac. just be carefull in the start and you will be fine

cheers sixtyfive.

Skithis

Oct 14, 2007
alright thanks. I think im gonna start out and just get some new rims and complete road tires, also a shorter supermoto fender set.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are a number of companies that make Supermoto tires that will fit on the standard rims on your bike. Avon is the preferred brand by lots of racers who run the Sportsman class. This class requires stock suspension lengths and stock wheel sizes. Those guys go awfully fast on that setup. ;)

www.mxsouth.com & www.motostrano.com are great sources for Supermoto parts.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Upgrading the front brakes is the major area you'll probably want to address.

zaneyzrex

Jan 9, 2007
SUPER HARD TO START IS NOT NORMAL !!!!! sounds like TIGHT valves to me and thats a bad thing on the yz's. as for supermoto, set of 17's w/ street tires/slicks and hang on (the most fun ive ever had on a bike was on my yz450f motard on the cart track)

Attachments

• smallpic.jpg
    smallpic.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 247

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom