svttodd

Jan 14, 2005
I recently bought a 2004 YZ450F. The bike is in pretty good condition and runs great, but I noticed that the suspension doesn't seem to want to leave the ground as easily as my 2003 Kawasaki KX250. The KX could easily be hopped and jumped over the slightest trail obstacles, but the YZf doesn't seem to want to hop that easily. Also, when the YZF is standing still, the suspension seems to 'stay down' slightly when you push down on it (I realize that the bike should have a little standing sag, but it stays down a little more than average when you work the suspension). It does not seem to rebound very quickly or forcefully. I have klicked around on the adjusters, but I am not quite sure what I am doing, so I don't think that I did any good. Funny thing about the YZF is that it seems to handle the sandy whoops here just fine, even though the suspension doesn't seem right. Please help. Thanks. -Todd

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Back off a couple clicks on the rebound adjusters and try again. They're on the top of the forks and at the bottom of the shock.

svttodd

Jan 14, 2005
Stupid question, but should the rebound be 'harder' or 'softer' to solve the stiction problem? I assume 'backing off' is softer, is that right? Thanks.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You want to lessen the rebound damping, so yes, you should turn the adjusters counterclockwise.

Top Bottom