2003yz85texas

Mar 19, 2006
How hard is it to raise the height on this bike? I see the jam nuts on the rear spring, there is about 1 1/2" of thread on the top of the jam nuts. The bike has a JM suspension. :bang:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
gergetz said:
all you have to do is get a hammer and a screw driver and hit them lower to make it taller

FYI-

Once you loosen the jamming collar (the top one), you can usually grab the spring and turn it with your hand(s). The bottom collar will usually move along with the spring.

Last edited:

2003yz85texas

Mar 19, 2006
Thank You

Thank you for the advise....Is there another reason for the bike to sit lower than normal? It is lower than his friends 04 cr85. It has a JM racing suspension. :bang:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If the nitrogen has leaked or been released from the shock (pretty common for kids to let the nitrogen out), the shock will be way soft and the bike will sit low.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What part of Texas? Your best bet will be to find a reputable suspension shop to help sort out the problem.

On a side note my son's CR85 had JM Suspension on it when we bought it. I was not impressed at all but knew it was something that could be resolved easily. The boy that had the bike was about 145# and he was riding HS & trails with the bike yet it had springs that would easily support a 200# rider. Since my son wanted to get riding it quickly I didn't send the suspension off to MX Tech as I normally would but took it to a local shop that supports our club and I know the owner. One day later it was significantly better and my son is still very happy with it.

Getting it right will make riding much more enjoyable so I'd seek out some suggestions for a local shop that has suspension experts available to work with you.

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
2003yz85texas said:
How hard is it to raise the height on this bike? I see the jam nuts on the rear spring, there is about 1 1/2" of thread on the top of the jam nuts. The bike has a JM suspension. :bang:

Why do you want to raise the height?

Top Bottom