YZ85 SX85 KX85 Better race bike?????

skylee

Mar 7, 2007
11 year old son is moving up from a KX
65 to a...85...make...Not sure!
I like the YZ reviews but like the SX reviews also....at the same time our kx has been reliable but which one is a more race proven bike in the 85s and has better all around attributes for track use. HELP!!!!! :boss: :p

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
2 strokes for life said:
I think the SX85 is the fastest and most advanced but the only set back is the price tag.

and the fact that KTM's are at the bottom of the list when it comes to suspension, which is sometimes more important than power. if you like how the KX65 has held up, then go for a KX85. they are all race proven, but in different areas. the YZ and i think the SX have a lot to top-end, but no bottom-end. the KX has a lot of low and mid-range, but not much on top. the YZ also sits taller than the others. the KX is also much cheaper of the three. again, if youre son likes the 65, then get him the KX85, it wont feel as different to him as it would by putting him on a bike with a totally different powerband :ride: .

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Strictly an opinion: color of the bike isn't as important given the 85cc, all will be reliable and the performance differences will be adapted to easily by a younger rider who hasn't developed all the older rider bad habits. You might take a look at contingencies... years back Suzuki had a "good grades=money" program matched by no one. Should you race you can lookup the mfg dollars... just a thought.

slater

Dec 30, 2006
My mates Sx85 has blown up nine times and had to get rebuilt 9 times

i say that they are reliable but Watch out :boss:

IMO i like the yz and i think they have the most hp out of most of the bikes, some 1 correct me if im rong

move up to the 125's ;)
Just kidding :p

Top Bottom